Highcroft Patient Participation Group
Who are we?
We are a group of volunteers who are patients or carers of patients at Highcroft Surgery.
The NHS says that:
- every surgery has to have a patient participation group (PPG)
- doctors and their staff should listen to their PPG’s ideas and concerns so that they can offer patients the best service possible.
At Highcroft, we have a constitution and a code of conduct to make sure that we work openly and fairly for the benefit of all patients. We publish these documents on the PPG section of Highcroft’s website and on our noticeboard in the surgery.
What do we do?
We meet about once a month with a representative of Highcroft Surgery to:
- report on any issues that patients have told us about.
- hear about developments at the surgery and any problems they might have.
- discuss suggestions for improvements to the service
- hear what is happening locally and nationally with other NHS services.
Would you be able to help?
PPG members attend meetings regularly. We have a Code of Conduct for these meetings to ensure that everyone behaves respectfully to each other and listens to their ideas.
We also have some informal meetings to do specific tasks. We do not minute these meetings.
You could be part of our ‘Virtual Group’
You can join our ‘Virtual Group if you are interested in taking part but not able to attend our regular meetings. We will then send you all group emails and you can comment on them or offer ideas by emailing the Chair.
This seems to work well and means that we listen to a wider group of patients.
If you would like to join either group, please leave your name and email address at Reception and the Chair will get in touch with you.
Chair Highcroft Patients Participation Group
Tel: 0115 8832330
You can also find more information on PPGs on the following web-site: www.napp.org.uk